Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Executive Summary: Ema is an experienced staffing industry executive and has focused on various segments of the recruitment, search and placement arenas. As Founder & CEO of SEARCH Group Partners Inc., a premier, boutique recruiting firm , headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT, Ema oversees all day-to-day leadership activities including recruiting, sales, operations, on-site consulting, HR, acquisitions, executive search and strategic direction for the company.
Experience: In addition to her leadership and entrepreneurial background, Ema possesses a deep understanding of the sales management and public relations components of business excellence. Prior to SGP, Ema served as a Managing Director within Robert Half International’s Executive, Retained search division. Specializing in senior level and C-suite retained searches across multiple industry sectors, throughout the United States and internationally. She is particularly adept at guiding upper management in the successful culmination of executive leadership type appointments within small to medium sized, growth oriented companies. Ema also has over three years of experience as a Division Director within Robert Half International, managing divisions in the Los Angeles and Salt Lake City Markets. Additionally, Ema served as a Regional Sales Manager at Select Staffing and was responsible for generating sales revenue and maximizing potential of assigned sales representatives across the United States, through effective leadership and mentoring. Ema is a relationship driven professional, who prides herself on being a true consultative partner to her clients.
Ema has won both speaking and entrepreneurial awards, and has become an employment and human resources advisor for numerous media, television and publication outlets nationwide. Recently, Ema was named as 2017’s “CEO of the Year” by Utah Business Magazine. In 2015, she was honored as Utah’s “Forty under 40”. You may have also spotted her on the cover of Salt Lake Magazine recently. Additionally, Ema was awarded a Bronze Stevie® Award in the Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year category for Women in Business in 2014. Ema was also recognized by Utah Business Magazine as one of 2013’s “30 Women to Watch”.
Ema excelled in both the academic and professional arenas—completing the Early College Program at Weber State University.
Personal & Philanthropic Activities: Ema is a former ballerina and dance instructor with a passion for Ballet and The Arts and has held various board seats at Ballet West and SB Dance. Additionally, Ema dedicates significant time to various philanthropic organizations, transforming communities as a donor activist, philanthropic and advisor.
A strong advocate for women in business, Ostarcevic specializes in recruiting women and placing them in executive and management positions; she is a frequent spokesperson for news outlets such as The Salt Lake Tribune on the subjects of equal pay and opportunities for women. Ema has also been featured in Forbes and Fast Company.
Growing up in Croatia as a child, Ema had a bright pink suitcase that she carried around with her everywhere (always packed and ready to go) and has loved traveling ever since. When Ema’s not at the office, she’s typically on plane- happiest with a full suitcase and a boarding pass. After living in Croatia, Los Angeles and New York City, Ema now resides in Salt Lake City, UT with her fiancé, Ryan, their son, Alexander and their Mini American Eskimo, Duke (you can often find Duke hanging out at the office with Ema, as SGP is a dog friendly workplace).
Industry Specialties: Ema’s areas of industry experience include Professional Services, Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Distribution, Education, Consumer Packaged Goods, Non Profit, Marketing, Consulting, Professional Sports, Telecommunications and Technology.
Media Recognition, Publications & Awards:
- MODERNAE Article: Search Group Partners CEO featured in MODERNAE. How She Juggles Motherhood and the Corner Office.
- Fast Company Article: 3 Things to Consider Before Hiring Someone Smarter Than You
- Forbes Article: Five Ways to Hire Fantastic Candidates In A Shrinking Applicant Pool
- Online Article: https://searchgrouppartners.com/hire-fantastic-candidates/
- Salt Lake Magazine Cover Issue (May-June 2015)
- Online Article: https://searchgrouppartners.com/canine-state/
- Salt Lake Chamber Interview for National Women’s History Month
- Online Article: http://www.slchamber.com/?page=WHMEmaOstarcevic
- The Salt Lake Tribune: Report: Equal pay for Utah women nearly a century away
- The Salt Lake Tribune: Letter of the week: Anti-discrimination law will fuel Utah economy
- SEARCH Group Partners Wins Inavero’s 2015 Best of Staffing® Client Award
- Forty Under 40 Award Winner (2015) –Utah Business Magazine
- Bronze Stevie® Award Winner (2014) in the Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year category for Women in Business in 2014.
- SEARCH Group Partners Wins Inavero’s 2014 Best of Staffing® Client Award
- Press Release: https://searchgrouppartners.com/best-of-staffing-2014/
- KUTV, March 2014 “Equality and the Economy” – watch video
- 30 Women to Watch (2013) Utah Business Magazine-
- Online article: http://www.utahbusiness.com/articles/view/30_women_to_watch_4/?pg=3
- Awards Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDEihPfTnBw
- Desert News Article- Utah unemployment picture stable:
- KSL Article: Utah unemployment rate unchanged:
- Online Article: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14071421
- Salt Lake Tribune Article- Business Insight: Appreciate workers, one at a time:
- Salt Lake Tribune Article- How to handle those ‘oops’ moments at work:
- Salt Lake Tribune Article- Utah’s jobless numbers start to turn corner:
- Salt Lake Tribune Article- How to make the most of a season job in Utah:
News / Awards
Bronze Stevie® Award Winner (2014) in the Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year category for Women in Business in 2014. Press Release & Awards Video
KUTV, March 2014 “Equality and the Economy” – watch video
Desert News Article- Utah unemployment picture stable: Read Here
KSL Article: Utah unemployment rate unchanged: Read Here
Salt Lake Tribune Article- Business Insight: Appreciate workers, one at a time: Read Here
Salt Lake Tribune Article- How to handle those ‘oops’ moments at work: Read Here
Salt Lake Tribune Article- Utah’s jobless numbers start to turn corner: Read Here
Salt Lake Tribune Article- How to make the most of a season job in Utah: Read Here
Watch the spotlight interview featuring Ema Ostarcevic — presented by Utah Business Magazine” 30 Women to Watch”